Arena 1.5:Community guidelines
These guidelines describe the proper and improper kinds of conduct and prohibited uses of Your Profile and related services (the "Service"). These guidelines are not exhaustive. We reserve the right to modify these guidelines at any time, effective upon posting.
By logging in to Arena, you agree to abide by these guidelines as modified from time to time. Any violation of these guidelines could result in the suspension or termination of your account or such other action as we deem appropriate. If you want to report any violations of these guidelines, please e-mail us.
Your General Responsibilities
Arena enables people to share information about themselves and their personal tastes, and their opinions regarding products and services. We cannot and do not warrant, verify, or guarantee the quality, accuracy, or integrity of information that you may access. You understand that you shall remain solely liable for any and all information, text, images, photographs, graphics, email addresses, web pages, reviews, postings, and other materials ("Content") that you upload, download, or transmit to Arena.
Prohibited Content or Activities
Arena may be used for lawful purposes only. We reserve the right to restrict or remove any and all uses or Content that we determine in our sole discretion is harmful to our systems, network, reputation, or goodwill, to other Arena users, or to any third party. The following non-exhaustive list details the kinds of conduct or Content that is prohibited:
- The upload, download, or transmission of any Content that would violate, or would facilitate the violation of, any applicable law, regulation, or Arena rule or policy.
- The upload, download, or transmission of any Content that infringes the intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of others, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, or trade secrets.
- The upload, download, or transmission of any Content that is unlawful, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- The upload, download, or transmission of any harmful Content, including, without limitation, viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, data, or personal information.
- The upload, download, or transmission of any Content offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., make-money-fast schemes, chain letters, pyramid schemes).
- The unauthorised use of Arena for commercial purposes such as advertising, promotion, or solicitation.
- The impersonation of any person or entity or forging of any email communication or any part of a message.
- Choose a single topic for your article, or focus on the item you are reviewing.
- Do not include spoilers or reveal crucial plot elements.
- Do not write single-word reviews, such s "Recommended" or "Awful".
- Try to write in a balanced and interesting way.
- Write in the most appropriate language. If you are using Arena in Sweden, then Swedish may be the best choice for your article.
- Keep it friendly. Avoid patronization and conceit, as these will alienate readers.
- Pay close attention to spelling and grammar. A misplaced letter can change the meaning of a whole sentence.
- Do not litter your writing with exclamation marks!!! or question marks???
- Avoid writing in CAPITALS. If your words need extra emphasis, try using more emphatic words.
- Keep your sentences short - try to have no more than one clause (usually marked with a comma) in a sentence.
- Refer to the reader directly - "you may agree" is more engaging than "the reader may agree".
- Group related sentences into paragraphs.
- Avoid using abbreviations, slang or text message shorthand that other Arena users may not understand.
- End with a closing point that relates to your opening point.
- Balance your argument. A one-sided rant is likely to irritate readers.
- Try to learn from the way that magazine and newspaper articles and reviews are written.
Do not use tags that contain any of the following:
- Profane or obscene language, inciting or spiteful tags
- Tags that may harass, abuse or threaten other Arena users
- Tags that may reveal personal information about children
- Tags that promote illegal conduct
- Tags that do not respect the community guidelines (see above).