Arena 1.5:Community guidelines
Revision as of 14:08, 25 September 2009 by Citynskyj
Tips for writing an article
- Try to write your article in a balanced and interesting way.
- Write your article in the most appropriate language. If you are using Arena in Sweden, then Swedish may be the best choice for your article.
- Keep it friendly. Avoid patronization and conceit, as these will alienate readers.
- Pay close attention to spelling and grammar. A misplaced letter can change the meaning of a whole sentence.
- Do not litter your writing with exclamation marks!!! or question marks???
- Avoid writing in CAPITALS. If your words need extra emphasis, try using more emphatic words.
- Keep your sentences short - try to have no more than one clause (usually marked with a comma) in a sentence.
- Refer to the reader directly - "you may agree" is more engaging than "the reader may agree".
- Group related sentences into paragraphs.
- End with a closing point that relates to your opening point.
- Balance your argument. A one-sided rant is likely to irritate readers.
- Try to learn from the way that magazine and newspaper articles are written.
- Avoid using abbreviations, slang or text message shorthand that other Arena users may not understand.
- Do not include personal information, such as your real name, telephone number, home address, email address, or other details that may be used maliciously.
- Do not use your article to advertise or promote goods or services.
- Third party contributions must not violate any law in any relevant jurisdiction. This may include, but not be limited to, civil and criminal law regarding profanity, racism, sexism, copyright, patent, privacy, data protection, public order, incitement, indecency, terrorism, obscenity, libel, slander, religious hatred, banned organizations, secrecy and/or blasphemy.
- Do not include personal information, such as name, telephone number, home address, email address, or other details that may be used maliciously.