Arena 1.5:Community guidelines
We want your voice to be heard. These guidelines describe the proper kinds of conduct and prohibited uses of Your Profile and related services (the "Service"). These guidelines are not exhaustive. We reserve the right to modify these Guidelines at any time, effective upon posting.
By accessing Your Profile and using our Service, you agree to abide by these Guidelines as modified from time to time. Any violation of these Guidelines could result in the suspension or termination of your account or such other action as we deem appropriate. If you want to report any violations of these Guidelines, please e-mail us.
Your General Responsibilities
As a passive conduit, our Service enables people to share information about themselves and their personal tastes, and their opinions regarding various products and services. We cannot and do not warrant, verify, or guarantee the quality, accuracy, or integrity of information that you may access. You understand that you shall remain solely liable for any and all information, text, images, photographs, graphics, e-mail addresses, Web pages, reviews, discussion board postings, and other materials ("Content") that you upload, download, or transmit to our Service.
Prohibited Content or Activities
Our Service may be used only for lawful purposes. We reserve the right to restrict or remove any and all uses or Content that we determine in our sole discretion is harmful to our systems, network, reputation, or goodwill, to other Amazon.co.uk customers, or to any third party. The following non-exhaustive list details the kinds of conduct or Content that is prohibited:
The upload, download, or transmission of any Content that would violate, or would facilitate the violation of, any applicable law, regulation, or Amazon.co.uk rule or policy. The upload, download, or transmission of any Content that infringes the intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of others, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, or trade secrets. The upload, download, or transmission of any Content that is unlawful, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable. The upload, download, or transmission of any harmful Content, including, without limitation, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, data, or personal information. The upload, download, or transmission of any Content offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., make-money-fast schemes, chain letters, pyramid schemes). The upload, download, or transmission of any domain names, URLs, or hyperlinks. The use of the Service for commercial purposes such as advertising, promotion, or solicitation. The impersonation of any person or entity or forging of any e-mail communication or any part of a message. Review Guidelines
The recommended length is 75 to 300 words.
Your comments should focus on the product. You must also include a valid e-mail address, but you can opt not to display your e-mail address if you do not want others to have access to it. The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked a product, but also why. Feel free to mention other products that you consider similar and how this product rates in comparison to them. Comments that are not specific to the product or that violate our guidelines in any way, may be removed from the Amazon.co.uk Web site at any time, at our discretion. Please limit yourself to one comment per item.
Amazon.co.uk wants to know about your product safety issues. If you have safety concerns about the product you are reviewing, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Please make sure to include all information about the product (product title, and ASIN or manufacturer's SKU) and the details of the incident.
Amazon.co.uk is proud to provide this forum for you to air your opinions on your favourite (or not-so-favourite) products. While we appreciate your time and comments, we respectfully request that you refrain from including the following in your review:
Comments on other reviews or features visible on the page. (This information, and its position on the page, is subject to change without notice.) Notification that our catalogue has typos in it. If you'd like to tell us about a specific problem, please e-mail us. Profanity, obscenities or spiteful remarks. Time-sensitive material. (e.g. promotional tours, seminars, lectures, etc) Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the product. Comments focusing solely on the actors, directors, authors or artists. No spoilers. Please don't reveal crucial plot elements. Phone numbers and mail addresses. URLs or e-mail addresses. Availability, price or alternative ordering/shipping information. Solicitations for helpful votes. Any review in violation of these Guidelines might not be posted or could be removed from the Amazon.co.uk Web site at any time.
Tips for authors of articles and reviews.
- Choose a single topic for your article, or focus on the item you are reviewing.
- Try to write in a balanced and interesting way.
- Write in the most appropriate language. If you are using Arena in Sweden, then Swedish may be the best choice for your article.
- Keep it friendly. Avoid patronization and conceit, as these will alienate readers.
- Pay close attention to spelling and grammar. A misplaced letter can change the meaning of a whole sentence.
- Do not litter your writing with exclamation marks!!! or question marks???
- Avoid writing in CAPITALS. If your words need extra emphasis, try using more emphatic words.
- Keep your sentences short - try to have no more than one clause (usually marked with a comma) in a sentence.
- Refer to the reader directly - "you may agree" is more engaging than "the reader may agree".
- Group related sentences into paragraphs.
- Avoid using abbreviations, slang or text message shorthand that other Arena users may not understand.
- End with a closing point that relates to your opening point.
- Balance your argument. A one-sided rant is likely to irritate readers.
- Try to learn from the way that magazine and newspaper articles and reviews are written.
- Profane or obscene language, inciting or spiteful tags
- Tags that might: harass, abuse or threaten other members of the community
- Tags that may reveal any personal information about children under age 13
- Tags that promote illegal or immoral conduct
- Tags that breach the Amazon.co.uk Conditions of Use and Sale
- Tags that do not respect the