Arena 1.5:Log in and log out
m (→Log out manually)
m (→Log in and log out)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
=Log in and log out=
=Log in and log out=
You may only log in if you have user account. To create a user account see [[user_accounts|User Accounts]].
You may only log in if you have
Revision as of 17:00, 29 September 2009
Log in and log out
Certain features of Arena are only accessible when you are logged in to your Arena account. For example, media basket content is only stored if you are logged in. This acrticle explains how to log in to and log out of your Arena user account.
You may only log in if you have an Arena user account. To create a user account see User Accounts.
- Keep your login details secure. Make sure that nobody can see your password as you enter it.
- If Arena is not using your preferred language, switch languages. To learn more see Language.
- Find your library membership card, and locate on it your library card number and PIN code.
- Use your web browser to navigate to the Arena Welcome page.
- Locate the Login panel.
- In 'Username' type your user name.
- In 'Password' type your password.
- Click sign In.
- If the log in is successful, the Login panel will become the Hello panel, where a summary of your account activity will appear.
- If the log in is unsuccessful, the Login panel fields will clear, so you may attempt to log in again. The Login panel fields also clear as a security measure, so that if you leave Arena at this point, your login details remain secure.
If you are logging in at a shared computer, do not allow the web browser to store your user name and password. when entering your user name and password, if the web browser offers to store the information, you should refuse.
If your user name and password are stored in the web browser of a shared computer, you should change your password as soon as possible.
- When you have finished using Arena, make sure you log out. This prevents anyone else from using your Arena account.
Log out manually
You may only log out in if you are currently logged in. To log in see Log In.
- Locate the Hello panel.
- Click 'Log out'.
- If the log out is successful, the Hello panel will become the Login panel, where you may log in.
Log out automatically
Arena will log out an account after x minutes of inactivity. This secures your account in case you leave the computer without logging out of your account.
- When you have finished using Arena, always log out manually. Do not leave your account logged in, as it may be used by someone else before Arena has logged you out automatically.